Abstract - This proposal aims to continue the data analytics work for Moonbeam and Moonriver by Web3Go stream data processing system. It is important to note that Web3Go has a strong capability for real-time data analytics and has built several critical dashboards for the Moonbeam community. To facilitate the work more smoothly in the next couple of months, we have made this proposal to cover the server and manpower costs.
Motivation - Moonbeam & Moonriver is one of the leading parachains in the Polkadot ecosystem and also fully supports EVM compatibility.
The Moonbeam & Moonriver ecosystem has lacked the infrastructure of a data analytics platform, which has made it difficult for users to conveniently and quickly use and view data from the view of the big picture, and also from the perspective of each project.
Web3Go has developed a stream-based data analytics platform, which has onboarded all on-chain data from Moonbeam and Moonriver. The proven work has been highly welcomed by the community and Moonbeam&Moonriver ecosystems:
- Overview dashboard for Moonbeam Network: web3go
- Twitts from Moonbeam official:
Project Overview and Team Experience - Web3Go is a data platform created to provide stream analytics services to the growing Moonbeam community. Our goal is to offer a wide range of data stream infrastructure services that benefit blockchain developers worldwide. We understand that the blockchain industry is constantly evolving and that developers face new challenges daily. Therefore, we are committed to providing the best tools and insights to help developers and community members in Moonbeam.
Furthermore, we continuously explore new ways to improve our platform and expand our offerings to remain at the forefront of this exciting and rapidly growing industry. Here lists the finished work from Web3Go team which has provided lots of insights to the ecosystem:
Moonbeam Public Dashboard: web3go
Moonbeam Staking/Unstaking Website: web3go
Moonriver Staking/Unstaking Website: web3go
Our team has been developing data tools for Polkadot eco for more than 2 years now. Recently we expanded the team size of from 8 to 15 to increase the development velocity and quality of our products.
Rationale -Web3Go has become the go-to choice for most projects and users in the Polkadot and Moonbeam ecosystems when it comes to Moonbeam data review and usage. However, due to development time and cost constraints, it is currently limited in its ability to provide customized data services for Moonbeam ecological project parties and users. It is believed that Web3Go would provide a complete data service for the Moonbeam ecosystem, capable of satisfying the transparency and insight needs of Moonbeam users under the support of the treasury.
Key Terms (optional) - N/A.
Overall Cost - the total cost of the proposal is listed as follows:
Server Cost/ Month: 2000 USD equivalent GLMR or MOVR/ Month
Engineer Cost/ Month: 8,000 USD equivalent GLMR or MOVR/ Month (30 USD/ Hour, 1.5 HC / Month )
Total Cost for Q2 2023: 30,000 USD equivalent GLMR or MOVR for 3 Months (April, May, and June 2023)
Use of Treasury Funds - detailed explanation of the use of Treasury Funds including deliverables/ milestones and timeline.
- Deliver the overview dashboard for Moonriver Network.
- Deliver the inflation dashboard for Moonbeam and Moonriver.
- Deliver the dApp activity dashboard for Moonbeam and Moonriver.
Specifications - The following tech stacks will be used:
- Archive Node: archive node is a node that has full log history for Moonbeam and Moonriver, which is very useful since all data are needed during deep analytics.
- Indexer: The indexer is used to index each block from the archive node. this is a Web3Go self-developed tool that is compatible with Substrate and EVM.
- Database maintenance: where the data is persisted.
- Streaming-based data processing framework: streaming technology is used here to handle the business logic and make the data processing more real-time and efficient.
- Data visualization framework: transfer the data to visualize patterns to make it easily understandable.
Steps to Implement -
- Archive Node Set up: This is a one-time setup work. Normally it needs 0.2 HC for regular maintenance.
- Data Indexing: This is to index the substrate and EVM data from the node. This is a one-time setup work. Normally it needs 0.2 HC for regular maintenance.
- Database updating: Update the structure of the databases, adding a new table if needed. it needs 0.2 HC for development.
- Data processing: Process the data according to the business requirement. It needs 0.6 HC for development.
- Data visualization: Visilizing the result. It needs 0.3HC for development.
Link to on-chain proposal:
Calculating the amount of GLMR and MOVR: MOVR and GLMR 30 days price - Google Sheets